Physiotherapy for before and after operations
Professional treatment to get you ready for and rehab from operations in the comfort of your own home.
We can help you achieve optimum fitness leading up to an operation. It is important that you are as fit as possible prior to your surgery, both in terms of your cardiovascular fitness and your strength. We will give you a full assessment and personalised treatment plan in your own home.
At 4ward Physiotherapy Ltd, we are happy to work with your consultant, GP and surgical team to ensure an effective team approach enables you to achieve the best outcomes for your operation. We are experienced in working alongside NHS and private services.
Following your surgery, we can liaise with physiotherapists on the ward and the rest of the surgical team. We can see you at home to continue your rehabilitation after you have been discharged from hospital.
Your treatment programme is likely to include exercises, advice and some hands-on techniques. This will mean you can get the most from your operation, all from the comfort of your own home.
Some of the issues we can help with are:
- Improving how easily you can walk indoors and outdoors or using stairs, as well as tasks around the home
- Reducing your risk of falling over.
- Improving your strength and balance
- Helping with pain from conditions such as arthritis
- Improving your fitness to help reduce your risk of health issues like a heart attack
- Specific conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, COPD and recovering from a stroke
- Specific evidence-based exercises for people with osteoporosis
- Helping you to recover from an operation
- Helping you to recover following a fall or broken bone.
- Advising on equipment that may help you at home or when you’re out and about
What to expect from a Physiotherapy Assessment
The Physiotherapist will come to your home at a time that is convenient to you.
We will start by asking you about your experience of your condition and a little about your medical history. It is important for us to know what you are hoping to get out of having physiotherapy so that we are sure we are targeting our treatment specifically for you.
We will then look at your strength and the movement in your joints. We would also like to look at how you move and test your balance.
After your assessment, we will trial some different treatment approaches to see what will fit your needs best.
We will always be led by what you would like to do and will always maintain an open dialogue so we can shape your rehabilitation together.
If you’re not sure if we can help, please get in touch and we can talk through your problems.
Common surgical procedures we treat are:
- Common surgical procedures we treat are:
- Total hip replacements
- Total knee replacements
- Rotator Cuff repairs
- Spinal surgery
- Surgical repairs for broken bones
- Abdominal surgery, such as hernia repairs and gall bladder removal
For initial assessment (1 hour)
For follow up (1 hour)
For follow up (30 minutes)
Travel that is made above a 10-mile radius from our offices in Chipping Campden and Bredon will be chargeable at £1.50 per mile for the return journey.
Ready To Book?
If you're ready to book an appointment click below to contact us. If you have any questions, or would like to know more about any of our treatments please give us a call on 07834 239573 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accreditations & Recognition
Get In Touch
If you have any questions please use the contact form or contact me on one of the methods below and I'll be back in touch with you as soon as possible!