Rehabilitation following illness or hospital admission
Specialist rehabilitation when your home from hospital, without delay.
Deconditioning syndrome frequently happens during hospital admissions due to prolonged bed rest and inactivity.
One week of bedrest can equate to a 10% loss in muscle mass and for an older person who is at threshold strength for climbing the stairs at home, getting out of bed or even standing up from the toilet, a 10% loss of strength may make the difference between dependence and independence.
At 4ward Physiotherapy Ltd we offer comprehensive assessment and treatment plans in your home setting.
What to expect from a Physiotherapy Assessment
The physiotherapist will come to your home at a time that is convenient to you.
We will start by asking you about your experience of your condition and a little about your medical history. It is important for us to know what you are hoping to get out of having physiotherapy so that we are sure we are targeting our treatment specifically for you.
We will then look at your strength and the movement in your joints. We would also like to look at how you move and test your balance.
After your assessment, we will trial some different treatment approaches to see what will fit your needs best. We will always be led by what you would like to do and will always maintain an open dialogue so we can shape your rehabilitation together.
If you’re not sure if we can help, pleaseget in touch and we can talk through your problems.
We can help with:
- Advice and support on pacing and increasing your activities of daily living
- Stair assessments
- Advice on fatigue management
- Advice on equipment that may help you at home or when you’re out and about
- Reducing your risk of falling over
- Activities to increase your confidence
- Support to assist you accessing community services and groups
- Progression of your mobility off walking aids
- Balance and strengthening exercises
- Support and training of carers or family members.
- Liaison with your G.P and other health care team members to ensure joined up care.
For initial assessment (1 hour)
For follow up (1 hour)
For follow up (30 minutes)
Travel over a 10 mile radius of WR11 and GL20 is chargeable at a rate of £15 per half an hour.
Ready To Book?
If you're ready to book an appointment click below to contact us. If you have any questions, or would like to know more about any of our treatments please give us a call on 07834 239573 or email me at email@example.com
Accreditations & Recognition
Get In Touch
If you have any questions please use the contact form or contact me on one of the methods below and I'll be back in touch with you as soon as possible!